Thursday, June 16, 2016

I haven't read any of the news stories about the little boy in Florida. I've thought about it, but I can't. I can barely even think about it. You see, I have a 2 year old son, JJ. If you've met him, you know that he would be the first kid to try to get into the gorilla cage and the first kid to run to splash in the waters on our Disney Vacation. I can't stand to think about what those parents are going through right now. I can't stand to think about what it will be like to go home without him, and I really can't stand to think about what that father is feeling, especially when so many people have decided to cruelly and obnoxiously tell him that it's his fault. Today I'm praying for this family. For today, and for the rest of their lives, they have a new reality; one that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

No comments: