Thursday, July 11, 2019

DeCrapify or DeClutter

Why do I want to declutter my home?
For Peace. For Peace of Mind. I'd like to declutter in order to enjoy a less stressful low maintenance home. In some rooms its obviously dangerous in there with the level of clutter that's present. My kids moved out but a lot of their stuff is still here.
What do I hope to accomplish?
I hope to be able to establish PEACE, SAFETY, ENJOYMENT,STRESS-FREE LIVING in the place I cherish the MOST.... HOME!
What am I willing to do?
I'm willing to say good-bye to things that don't really bring enjoyment to me. I'm willing to bless others by giving away items that are still useful; but I no longer need.

Why am I willing to do this now?
1~ My kids are grown and it is just me. I don't need all this stuff.
2~ I'm getting older and some things are harder for me to do. So now is the best time; while I still can do it.
3~ I don't want my kids to have to clean up my mess when I'm gone.

How will I know when I'm done?
1~ When the flat surfaces are clean, uncluttered, and dust-free.
2~ When I can see the baseboards in my home. (Especially in the bedrooms, living-room and not wall-to-wall furniture)
3~ When I can go to a cupboard,closet, dresser, file cabinet and get what I need without any problems.

When do I want to be done?
Being me I want it done yesterday.  I love how freeing it feels.

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

Best of luck at it getting done. I have a hard time sustaining the desire over the course of a single 'straighten-up' project in my bedroom...

Bob G. said...

MsN:
God Bless you for your efforts.
I try to do likewise, but I am NOT my mom.
She was the one that kept everything in order and tossed out stuff that was not needed (or wanted). Dad got a prize with her.
The REAL challenge (for me) is the whole "dust-free" thing.
I have NO idea HOW that accumulates. I know I'm not bringing it inside with me.
I know where everything is at home (which helps Wifey out to NO small end).
But there are times when you want to find something, and it simply REFUSES to be found.
(that cheese me off royally)
I agree with you on wanting stuff like this to be done YESTERDAY (if not last week...lol).

Good luck.
Stay safe (and take it easy) down there, dear.