Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Dirty little Secrets


I have a few dirty little secrets so I thought I would get them off my chest on my blog. Because we know no one reads it anyhow. They are mostly embarrassing but what the heck.
1. I can’t spell. No I really can’t spell. I will write a word and the more I look at it the more unsure I am that it is the correct word and spelled correctly. I have spell check but that doesn’t always work.
2. I once stole something. I was a kid and it was a cheap plastic whistle. I had to return it to the store and confess to Mr. Baker the store owner. Mr. Baker was a scary looking man as he had a port wine birth mark all over one side of his face. He was very nice and forgave me gave me a “talk” about being honest. I was never comfortable in that store again.
3. I can’t do math. Calculators were invented for me. and to be honest I am not good at using them either. I am a functioning math illiterate.
4. I never pumped my own gas. It is not that I was lazy, but that the odor of the gas really causes me breathing problems. So I was one of Marv’s old ladies. And when I go down I am one of the lucky ones that they pump gas for. As a bonus my grandson worked there and I got to visit with him.
5. I cuss like a sailor sometimes. I am not proud of that and I am working on it.
6. Any time I get a new camera, coffee maker, computer, TV etc. I NEVER read the book. It drives some people crazy (you know who you are).
7. I am a semi-reformed whiner. No other comment necessary.
8. I immediately leave any website that has automatic music. Your taste is not my taste.
9. I snore, not a gentle tiny cute snore but a loud honkin wake up the dead snore.. No wimpy snore for me.
10. I have been homeless.

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

1- That's called aging. I do it all the time. Spellcheck always guesses the wrong word.

2- Me too, a toy horse from a nephew. So ashamed I never even played with it until I got caught.

3- As long as we avoid division by more than 3, I'm ok here.

4- Wow. Understandable but hard to fathom these days!

5- Big bad ditto.

6- I'm still waiting for movies.

7- Well, fine!

8- I keep my speaker off unless needed.

9- You and Scrappy woulda made a pair!

10- I was close...

Bob G. said...

MsN:
1) I agree w/ Chris there. Spellcheck is becoming more worthless by the week.
2) I did my share of steling...from a mechanical pencil in high school to other things.
Never got caught, either (nothing to be proud of).
I STILL have that pencil as a "reminder" of what NOT to do.
3)Keep algebra AWAY from me...period!
(never had a use for it to this day)
4) When station went to self-service, it never bothered me. I prefer it, but that's me.
5) Same here (when the need arises, which is all too frequently, sadly).
6) I'm the opposite..I still have manuals from things I either don't have or are broken.
7) Whining is for liberals. I outright gripe, bitch, rant, and toss a fit (again, when the need arises).
8) I'll use MUTE when necessary, but the popups are what cheese me off, or videos that auto play when I don;t want them...no way around that garbage.
9) U stayed awake one night to see if I snore...NOPE.
(but Wifey sounds like a chainsaw...lol. I'll pay for that later, I'm sure)
10) Never was homeless, but finding one's "home" is a whole other ballgame in my book.