Friday, September 25, 2015

5 for Friday

1. Bully, teacher's pet, geek, shy kid in the corner, or something else? I was seen as the really quiet girl who got on with her work, rarely participated in class and generally did very well. Actually, I spent a lot of time passing notes with my friends, writing letters when I should have been working and generally not listening.

2. What did/do you usually eat during lunch time at school? I'd have sandwiches. We did not have a cafeteria back then so we packed our lunches.

3. What did/do you normally wear to school? Thinking back to what you wore(if you've already graduated), do you like it? We had to wear dresses or skirts and the boys wore chinos and button shirts. Well we were much more presentable than kids now days I think.
4. Any sports/activities/clubs you participate(d) in? Nope. I wasn't sporty and I wasn't musical. That didn't really leave anything for me to participate in. I was also too shy and too reluctant to give up my free time to do anything like that.

5. Any worthwhile friends you (would) still keep up with after graduation? I've kept in touch with many of my friends since we left school. There were some I kept in touch with for years, but that dropped off. Now it's just meeting at funerals.

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

1- shy kid
2- Lots of ho hos and bread and butter.
3- I didn't even realize I couldn't wear blue jeans in Catholic school until I was allowed to wear them in high school.
4-Writers club ( for which I contributed about half the weight of two poetry and short story publications).

5- A couple, not that others aren't worthwhile, just lost touch.

Bob G. said...

Msn:
(crosses fingers)...here goes nothing.

1) Uh, try a SHY, GEEK in the corner.

2) Shepherd's pie (when they had it), or PIZZA (my school must have invented the half-long roll with sauce & cheese pizza thingys - and a block of ice cream between 2 square waffles...and coke (hold the smile).

3) Slacks (no jeans), shoes (with LACES - no sneakers), button down shirt (no t-shirts) and a REAL belt to hold UP the pants...YOWZAH!!
(Yeah, we had DRESS CODES in PUBLIC schools back then...and we SURVIVED!!!)

4) School paper contributor, Choir, and Drama Club (last one prepped me for the REAL world, and all the drama kings & queens I'd find there...lol)

5) MOST definitely - one in PA (Sue, former 1st girlfriend) and one in Delaware (Mark)...fellow drama club best buddy!
(he's a GRANDPA now and I never let him forget it...HA!)

Lost my other high school pal (Hank)back in 2005.
Everyone else...dunno?

Wow, that brings back some very cool memories.
Thanks.

Very Good list.

Stay safe down there, dear.