Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Beyoncé and the half time show

 A lot of people were impressed with the half time snow.  Color me meh..

Beyoncé came out in black leather and her dancers had berets  and afros.  At one point in the gyrating performance they formed an X which some say was a tribute to Malcolm X.  They also gave the one fist salute.  Now I am not sure of the lyrics as they made no damn sense to me, but I am old. AS for the BLM movement again.... meh .. all lives matter to me.. I just thought it was vulgar and insulting to every one.. Can some one tell  me what makes her famous? 

From my view point there was a foreigner bouncing up and down, a woman opening and closing her legs and a drug user.. all getting the big bucks to prance and jump around.. and this my friends in entertainment  2016 style.  I think not. 

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

I don't know if I woulda went that harsh, but only because I was paying little to no attention. Once I heard she's spouting that "black lives matter" crapola, I just said, "Well, there's a new release I won't have to listen to..."

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Having ONLY seen the "performance" (if you can call such crap that) in clips, I wasn't that appalled...it's a (sad) sign on our times.
Personally, Lady Gaga's National Anthem was MUCH better, but the halftime "shows" are even MORE hyped than the actual game (which is already overblown).
Just my 2 cents.
(adjusted for inflation)

Good post.

Stay safe down there, dear.