Saturday, November 13, 2010

411

2008101279

Since the invention of the internet, the phone book is practically obsolete and finally being phased out.

The use of phone books have dropped from 25 percent down to 11, from 2005-2008. So I think it makes perfect sense to stop printing them.

New York, Florida, and Pennsylvania all approved Verizon's request to stop printing the White Pages this month. Virginia will be the next state in line, making 15 states who have stopped the directories or are in the process.

I won’t miss them, will you?

4 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Personally, I find them harder to read as I get older...
BUT they DO make great backstops for my BB pistols in the basement...LOL.

By the time I get done with them, I've got CONFETTI for New Years.

Yeah, I've turned a MINUS back into a POSITIVE.

Have a great Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I still use them often, I cannot rember all phone numbers. And the need for an address is still there.

ms nk rey said...

I use 411.com it has the phone number and address. With more and more people are giving up their land lines and using their cell phones, this too will pass. I live in small town Indiana and get 5 or so phone books which I promptly toss in the trash.

Anonymous said...

NKR some of us don't have access to 411.com 24/7 just saying