Thursday, November 18, 2010

Post in which I get a little political.



Apparently a Wisconsin man, (is it me or does he look like Teddy Roosevelt's doppleganger?) Steven Cowan, was so enraged that Bristol Palin was not eliminated from Dancing With the Stars he shot his television set and then aimed his gun at his wife. His wife managed to escape and call the police who arrested him for reckless endangerment and he is facing up to 10 years in prison. Then guess what… out comes the old bipolar defense.

(I didn't realize DWTS even transmitted to Wisconsin! Shouldn't this guy be making cheese or something?)

Yeah, yeah...another bipolar disorder defense. Yes, we all know that Bristol is there because of her mother...duh...but people just have to ACCEPT that DWTS is NOT a dance competition...it's a variety show/quasi-competition. The popularity contest aspect is what makes it the show it is. So, let's all stop shooting our TV sets and whipping up conspiracy theories!!!

I wonder if she weren’t Sarah Palin’s daughter would this actually be news? Besides I thought they all shot their sets on Nov 2.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't honestly say I don't want to shoot my TV set a lot of times. And I have to say one of those times is when Sara Palin is on there, but thats just me & I never would do it. I think its pretty stupid.

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I read this and thought:
"There are a lot better (or is that WORS?) shows to waste ammo on IF you really, really need to cap the old TV..."
Springer?
Kendra?
L.A.Ink?
(to name but a few)

And with most "new" TVs today, all it takes is a nice kick (or punch) to ruin it, unlike those old HUGE wooden cabinet monsters that resided in our parlors long ago.
Those were days when TVs were well-made and the programming wa a LOT more palatable.

Besides, I get my conspiracy theories from THE source:
JESSE VENTURA!
('Nuff said...lol)

Good post.

ms nk rey said...

What I find alarming about this is the "hate" most people would just turn it off and quit watching it. This man is filled with rage over someone he has never met, someone he will never meet. And then turn the gun on his wife, who he supposedly loves. Hating does not hurt the person hated it eats you inside. I read a quote that hating was like you taking poison and waiting for them to die. I personally don't have that much energy to waste. A very sad story.