Saturday, March 16, 2013

What’s important.

From time to time I think it is important to check yourself. Just because I am getting older, am I getting meaner?  We have all had that crabby  old lady or mean old man in the neighborhood who would keep your baseball if it landed in their yard.  Do you want to become that person?  I sure don’t.  Growing older is hard enough with out growing mean too.
Life is hard. Sometimes it is flat unbearable. Disappointments can devastate us and sometimes we get angry.  Most times we don’t deal with the anger but just stuff it inside and keep going. Little by little it takes over and we become negative, controlling and very very angry.  Then you wake up one day and you are not so young any more.  The list of hurts builds up and all the anger has no where to go so  we take it out on friends and family.   You look in the mirror and there you are ..OLD AND MEAN.
When I was younger I was guilty of poking fun at the grumpy old neighbor man.  Now I find myself feeling sorry for them.  I now know how much pain they must have experienced.
I now try to deal with my hurts, loss and pain in a more understanding and tender way.
I want to be loving and trusting.
Old sure isn’t what I thought it would be.

3 comments:

CWMartin said...

Good food for thought... Thankfully you have Morgan to make some of that meanness dissolve away. (At least, I've never noticed it!)

ms nk rey said...

Chris:
Since my birthday has come and gone, marking another milestone (or millstone, depending how you look at it) in my life. So now I have a choice: I can become a grumpy old woman or a sweet little ray of sunshine. The latter sounds nice, and it is something I aspire to, but being a Grumpy sounds FUN. You don't think? Think of it: I am now allowed to call all rap music "that dreadful noise" and I can start quoting Maxine. Srsly I try really hard to be kind and thoughtful to every one.

Bob G. said...

MsN:
For the record, I'm NOT the old guy that keeps the baseball when it comes in the yard.
I return it and say politely, that if it KEEPS coming in the yard, it WILL become mine...lol.

Any anger I have stems from blatant and chronic iognorance from others.
There is simply NO reason to WANT to be THAT stupid (imho).
Yet, I can brak into lughter at the drop of a (funny) hat.

Still...getting "more mature" has become very overrated, because I saw how my parents aged, and I wish the world was such NOW where I could do likewise in like manner.

The WORLD is what changes around us faster than we can often adapt, and I believe therein lies some of the angst we possess.

That's just my opinion, though.

Agreed - Good food for thought.

And may we never become too satisfied or develop "heartburn" from that.

Stay safe down there.