Friday, August 7, 2015

5 For Friday

1. If you could change one life-changing event in the life of someone important to you, would you?
Probably not. Life-changing events are there to be life-changing, and I might not like the altered result any better. 


2. Which do you think is easier to do, being friends for many years, or being life partners for many years?
I don't seem to be particularly good at either, so I don't claim any authority, but I would guess being friends. 


3. Have you ever walked away from someone you considered a friend?
Yes. And I should do it a little more quickly when I decide I need to. I have a history of getting myself into emotionally dangerous relationships. Sometimes, you can love someone but you cannot be around them.

4. If you had to choose between telling the truth and hurting a friend or lying and making them happy, which would you choose?
Before , it would have been a difficult choice, but now I am firmly grounded in the belief that honesty is more important than happiness.

5. Which would you rather hear--the truth which will hurt, or the comforting lie?
I would frankly rather hear the comforting lie, though I recognize that isn't the better option and I should opt for the truth. (And I would tell my own friends the truth). Part of this is that I recognize that I tend to reject the truth when given to me by others; I need to find it for myself. So I would rather not hear the painful truth, but discover it on my own and deal with it in my own way.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Well, let's give this one a shot, hmm?

1- I agree with your call on this. a different outcome "could" be worse, and have OTHER changes for someone else down the road.

2- That's a rough one, because each has it's OWN unique set of problems...and solutions.
Can't sau is any EASIER than the other - they both require "work" to make them last that long.

3- Not really, but had it done to me...still dunno why, but you have to move ON. Damn shame, he was a very good friend.

4- Agreed here, too...lying to make someone "happy" just complicates matters, and when the truth comes out LATER (which it usually DOES), that can be like batting a hornet's nest.
Better to be UP FRONT, speak plain and truthful, and let the chips fall.

5- Just hurt me w/ the truth, so I can put it in the past ASAP.
Be nice to be COMFORTED with the TRUTH (for a change).
Once in a while, that DOES happen (and it's worth the wait).

Excellent questions.

Have a great weekend & do stay safe down there, dear.