Thursday, August 27, 2015

5 for Friday

1.You are on your way to work, when suddenly a wormhole to the far side of the galaxy opens in the middle of the road. You are thus the first to meet the alien being that emerges. Despite your protestations, you are now Earth’s unofficial First Contact ambassador. What will you say to the visitor?
I'd ask him if he had any questions. I'm really bad a supplying information unless someone asks a specific question.


2. A wandering trading caravan emerges from the wormhole. They plan to stay on Earth for a few weeks, and then will move on to the next planet and the next. Whatever you said must have really impressed them, because they offer to let you and a few other humans come along with them. The only catch is that the caravan probably won’t be back to Earth. Would you go? Why or why not?
No I would not. I'm  a big fan of Earth.


3. Suppose you decided to go. The master of the caravan will allow you to bring along whatever trinkets and baubles you think will sell on alien worlds, and will also allow you to bring exactly five other items that you may always keep. Clearly, he does not mean practical items like shoes or a toothbrush. What would you bring?
My computer and computer accessories, some chocolate, some other stuff I can't think of. 


4.Suppose you decided to stay home after all. The caravan master offers you a parting gift. You may choose among super-brain pills, a flying car, a robot butler, or an invisibility belt. Which would you choose and why?  Probably the invisible belt. I am nosy and would love to eavesdrop and watch people, or just hang out by myself in public places without people looking at me awkwardly like I'm some sad nobody. Second place is the brain pills, but I worry about the side effects of intense genius.

5. Suppose you ended up taking the super-brain pills. You now have a head the size, shape, and color of a watermelon. But you also now have the most fantastic mind the world has ever seen. What would be the first task you set it to?
Figuring out how to make my head not look so ugly and imposing.

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

I'd have to find out if they have cheeseburgers on other planets before I go anywhere! And the brain pill thing is fine with me- might even be an improvement on my looks!

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Good Lord, I hope you are ready for these answers...LOL.

1) I would HAVE to ask them if they STILL look at Earth as the galaxy's "comic-relief"...and then as if they have cable where they're from.

2) I might not want to go...NUT I would "suggest" more than a few people they COULD take with them (heh, heh, heh).

3) Only FIVE items? Here';s goes:
1- A DICTIONARY
2- Copy of the Bible
3- samples of coffee, chocolate, & pizza
4- MY .45 (they might wanna trade me for a ray gun)
5- Some music CDs (classical, rick)
(that should make me a millionaire on their planet)

4) Each item has it's unique aulities
--brain pills as long as my head doesn't PHYSICALLY get larger)
--Flying car (inly if it was MY car...lol)
--Robot butler (if it looked and acted like ROBBY, I;m THERE!)
--Invisibility belt (has a million uses, but it netter make my CLOTHES invisible, too)

5) Yeah, my previous answer took care of that one, but if it did and I did, then it would depend on the specific ABILITIES available...there could be moral and ethical implications.

That was pretty fantastic...loved it.

Have a great weekend & stay safe down there, dear.