Thursday, April 18, 2013

Why is it so hard to be positive?

 
My day started with a negative phone call from a friend.  Even her tone of voice was negative when she was the phone. Dealing with that much negative emotion first thing in the morning took something out of me. And when I called another friend to discuss something she was tired and negative.
So I thought, OK, I am going to be positive even if I need to overcome other peoples’ negativity. This is making me realize how important it is for us to be positive.
 Since the beginning of this year, I've been more conscientious about incorporating positivity into my life. I can’t get let myself get sucked into the negativity that I'm exposed to every day.  For me at least. :) I find that when I feel positive, it spreads to people around me. And things work better for everyone.
It is so easy to believe the worst and be negative but It takes hard work to be positive.
Simple, yet powerful. Be positive! There is always something good that can come out of a situation




4 comments:

Alice said...

I agree. I've been really trying to do the positive thing, too. It is more work than being negative.

I'll cheer you on:)

Bob G. said...

MsN:
I am ALWAYS trying to remain positive, even in the face of such negativity like I find all around us...
It's NOT easy, but there do come those times when you watch the birds eating or feed a squirrel...or even smell the hyacinths that have bloomed...and THOSE are the things I hold fast to...
Those are some of my positives.
(which isn't bad for a cynic like me...lol)

Good post.

Stay safe down tehre.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone
to do it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. kudos

Look into my page; adams golf hats

CWMartin said...

There are people out there who are black holes, sucking up anything positive into the crushing blackness never to be seen again.

Most of them don't even realize they do it. Luckily I met someone who pointed that out to me.