Friday, April 25, 2014

5 on Friday

1. What are your overall views on marriage? I am all for marriage. If it's for you, it's great. If not, you shouldn't cave in to what other people think.  I think marriage works out best for couples who want the same things.
2. Are you married// is marriage something you want? I have been married twice.  I must say I like the idea of married and the idea that you always have some one by your side.  Mine just did not work out.
3. Do you like the symbolism of wedding rings? Why or why not?Yes, because to me it's a symbol of faith as well as a love always circles back 
4. What do you think is the best age, ideally, to get married? (In general.)
Mid to late 20s, but it's when your mentally ready (over the age of 18 though). When you're mature enough to understand and commit. That is different for everyone. I think 25 is a good age where you have a handle on what that actually means.
5. Which is worse: shotgun wedding at 17, or meeting your partner when you're in your sixties?
I don't see why one has to be worse than the other? they both could be bad or they both could be good.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
ROFLMAO...I hope I don't crucify myself with THIS one...
here goes:
1 - I look at marriage as something your wife-to-be is thinking as she walks down the aisle to the altar as the choir sings a hymn:

"I'LL...ALTER...HIM!"

2 - Married (2nd time around), and I suppose since I ASKED for it and GOT it, I MUST have "wanted" it...!

3 - The rings are cool. I like your "circle" explanation, too.

4 - Well, it's NOT when you're very YOUNG, that;s for sure.
My 1st time was when I was 36, 2nd was 45 yrs.
This way, you've got little to look back on and WISH you had done.

5 - Wow, that's a hard one.
How about meeting your perfect mate in your 20s, losing her, then finding her again a decade later, and losing her a second time?
(that's a long story, and to this day I miss her, but wish her well.)
Fate can be a cruel bedfellow.

Excellent list.
Have a great weekend and do stay safe down there.

CWMartin said...

1. I don't think overalls are proper attire for weddings, but hey, I got hitched in a t and jeans so whadda I Know? I think marriage is a great institution that most people don't do the ground work for beforehand (praying over the choice, examining whether you are ready mentally and emotionally, figuring out your compatability issues, etc.)

2.Not now, but close enough for this stage of my life.

3.I'm more concerned now with the substance than the symbolism. My first "wedding", the ring was a rubber band with a knot tied in it!

4. When you can look in the mirror and say, "I love who I am."

5. If the name "shotgun" isn't a big enough clue, then you need help.