Wednesday, April 16, 2014

All this business about saving daylight

 
Seriously. I'm sick of hearing people whining about losing an hour of sleep. It's not that bad, I promise. You will get it back. I'll see to it personally. There's a lot of bureaucracy in the Land of Time, so it could take up to 6 months, but I promise that I'll save your hour one way or another.
Plus, if you really think you lost an hour of sleep, you're looking at things the wrong way. I mean, you *did* have the option of going to bed earlier. Or getting up later. I mean, why is everybody so quick to assign the loss of an hour to sleep time. I personally lost an hour of church. What? I never go to church? Well, then I didn't really lose anything did I?

4 comments:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
I don't really approach this from the standpoint of LOSING anything...
(don't need the GOV'T to tell me how to LOSE sleep - got "neighbors" and barking dogs for that)

The thing that chesses me off is what EXACTLY am I supposed to be "SAVING"?
I haven't found ONE single thing yet.
I can save money by NOT SPENDING.
I can save food (in containers)
I can save time by doing things SMARTER (or not doing them at al...lol.

But "daylight" saving?
I can't find a proper vessel in which to SAVE that daylight...like for the WINTER, when we NEED it.
:)
Good post, dear.

Stay safe down there.

CWMartin said...

Doesn't help... I still see myself kicking Mitch in the butt every time I think about it.

Joanne said...

I swear it affects me! Great post!
Blessings, Joanne

Anonymous said...

It sure messes up my sundial. jr