Friday, October 23, 2015

Autumn Friday Five

 

 
1. What do you like or dislike about autumn?
I love the color of the leaves, the color of the sky, and the cooler weather

2. Have you raked leaves into a pile just to jump in them?
Raked leaves, many times, but I have never done so just to jump in them. I was always afraid of being impaled on a stick.

3. Have you ever carved a pumpkin and how did it turn out?
Yep so many I can’t count them.

4. Have you ever eaten anything made from pumpkins other than pie?
Pumpkin cake.

5. Where is a good spot to see the leaves change color where you live?
My backdoor. There is a gorgeous view over the Wabash River and the Markle Park.





3 comments:

Bob G. said...

MsN:

1) Yes agreed 100%. And the air smells cleaner, too.

2) Not really, I'd wonder if anything is in there that doesn't belong.

3) Never did that, but would like to. They have a lot of cool tools and stencils to make great carvings.

4) Pumpkin cake, cookies and pumpkin seeds (boxed SALTY ones as a child).

5) Our trees have surprised me this year, but I will admit to some GREAT foliage colors up where Chris lives.
(and the foliage in the Poconos in PA are just plain drop-dead beautiful)

Great list.
Wish we could make autumn stand still for a lot longer.

Have a great weekend & stay safe down there, dear

CWMartin said...

You two never just jumped into a pile of leaves.... wow. We'd rake a huge pile, let 'em sit and get a bit wet, and make a cave in 'em!

Bob G. said...

Chris:
I Philly, we didn't have many trees in the neighborhoods...beside, we didn't want to find some mafioso body by accident...lol