Wednesday, January 27, 2021

What a difference a day and several inches of rain makes:

15d 15 15a 15b

We had quite a rain last night. I am very lucky to live where I do, as we have flood protection. In the 60’s the Corps of Engineers created a system of dikes and a dam on the Wabash River, that saves this little town from future flooding and it created J. Edward Roush Lake. A 900 acre lake, J. Edward Roush Lake was formerly known as Huntington Lake. It lies in an area rich in Native American history. The lake was completed by the Corps of Engineers in 1968.

The little fisherboy is named John and was a gift from a friend. So far he hasn't caught any fish. Isn’t he cute?

3 comments:

springtime36 said...

In the last day the ol' wabash has sure raised and gotten muddy...I sure like John,and was going to ask you were you got him,until I saw where a friend gave him to you..I would like to get one for my fish pond...Maybe he will catch you a mess of fish if the river get's higher...

CWMartin said...

Glad to hear you're okay. The way the weather alarm kept going off yesterday, I thought you might be floating for Terre Haute by now!

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Looks like they did a decent job back then...
ANd it STILL works!

Stay safe and dry down there.