Wednesday, July 20, 2011

COPD

Sometimes I find myself focusing on the things I can no longer do, the things I can still do but only after I make adjustments to do them, all the ways I have altered my life. I am paying the price for making bad choices about my health. But I am strong and I fight tooth and nail and press onward and forward. I work hard making changes and finding ways to hold on to my quality of life. I walk around with plastic prongs in my nose, people look at me funny. But Guess what I am still standing, I am still moving. I am still hoping to make a difference in this old world because of COPD not in spite of it. Frustrating? Yes. Sad? Yes. Overwhelming? Yes. it is also depressing and exhausting. Through it all I try to remember there are many things I can do. No need to focus on what I can’t do. I work hard to keep a positive attitude and to be strong. I intend to thoroughly enjoy my remaining time as happily and wonderfully as I can. I will eliminate as much frustrating and stress as I can and I will bring in the happy!!

2 comments:

DanWins said...

Don't comment on here often but do follow you.

YOU are not alone - I am 42 and have been on O2 24/7 for two years now.

I completely agree and understand what you are saying.

Some days are harder than others and People don't understand how difficult simple task can be when you can't breath.

Anyway -- saw the COPD and figured to stop in and say YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Danny
Anything at Anytime

Bob G. said...

MSN:
While I don't profess to fully comprehend ALL you have to deal with, I am keenly aware of what COPD is (used to work for a medical publisher back in the 70s, and it wasn't even called COPD back then).

I find that it's not so much WHAT challenges that come along in our lives that force changes TO our lives, but rather HOW WE (personally) DEAL with those challenges, that better defines our own inner strength.

There are many people out there without full use of their bodies (in some manner, some since birth), and yet they don't roll over and pull the real estate over them.
Hell, my vision isn't what it used to be (without glasses), and my right leg hurts awful on many days and doesn't allow me the range-of-motion I used to have (or the speed and agility), but I work through them both.
I "adapt".

And it's because life matters...PEOPLE MATTER.

I find that trait admirable in others, and worthy of note for there are many people who just "give up" at the drop of a hat.

Glad to see others DO NOT!
Keep the faith.
Stay strong.

Stay safe down there.