Tuesday, September 6, 2011

World PC

Yesterday I got a cold call from a man speaking broken English, he gave his name as... wait for it.... Adam Smith, he was calling to save my computer from crashing. It seems that windows was notified by my computer that it had a bad virus. Amazing. So Microsoft called his company to service my machine. Again amazing, all these thoughtful folks coming to the aid of an old lady. He identified his company as World PC out of Los Angles CA. I told him I would check my computer and call him back right away if he would give me his phone number, which he did. 760.269.3834. I knew it was a scam. I checked with my REAL pc repairman and he confirmed it was a scam. I reported him, his phoney name and his phone number to the state attorney general today. They are every where, and they want your money. http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/7602693834

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:

EXCELLENT...WTG, dear!

I always report every scam that comes along as well, and send every email to the FEDS...
SPAM@uce.gov
works every time.

Unfortunately, they just get another email addy, and we play it all over again.

But I really ADMIRE you contecting the state about this guy.
I would do no less.

Well done.

Stay safe down there.

CWMartin said...

Actually called you, huh. I ain't had that one happen...yet.