Friday, November 18, 2011

Cranky

As a rule, I am not a cranky person, I don’t even like cranky people, but some rules are made to be broken and today I am cranky. I’m having one of those days where nothing is going right, and I’m sure you have them too.

My ‘cranks’ started when I got up Monday morning to no internet!

My internet has decided that it no longer wants to connect. It’s one of those dsl connections. Well it hasn’t worked since late Sunday night. It is something to do with what they call “an issue.” You would think that Frontier could fix the problem in a reasonable time. HA! Now I get a message that my computer and modem are not communicating! No kidding.

The service tech tells me I could try in order to resolve the problem; unplug USB from PC, unplug power cord from modem, unplug from power to the router, turn modem on, reboot PC, stand on one foot and whistle Dixie! And of course, it didn’t work! Today is Friday day 5 of no dsl connection. They promised to have it fixed on Wednesday, and then they said Thursday for sure. Now they said I am scheduled for Friday. I am here to tell you tomorrow it best be repaired or heads may roll.

Contributing to my irritable frame of mind is when I reached for something in the kitchen cupboard and noticed that the skin on my hand looks like crepe paper…what’s up with that?

Spending the past hour on the phone punching one for English, and two for non-existent customer service representatives, holding for eternity all while garbled music blasted my eardrums, certainly has not helped my mood.

I’m up to my ears in paperwork, computer woes and skin crinkling before my eyes!

Today I am cranky

5 comments:

Alice said...

This would make me cranky too!

And our bodies falling apart stinks! I have just started to notice things going downhill myself.

Bob G. said...

MSN:
You go right ahead and BE CRANKY...
They way things operate these days, it's damn hard NOT to be!(trust me on THIS one...lol)

Yeah, they all want us to "be connected" with DSL on the Internet, then, they can;t keep the damn thing running...SO typical!
(it's a conspiracy)
Ditto for the "auto" systems that are meant to SPEED your call through...yeah, right.
Gimme a warm body...and one that lives in AMERICA and CAN SPEAK ENGLISH!

As to the skin/crepe paper thing?
Got that going on myself, and I'm not even 60.
Never thought I'd spend ANY time looking at the skin on my hands...until NOW.

Rant on, dear...Lord knows many of us DOMhave a reason (or seven).

Have a good weekend, in keeping with the situation.
Stay safe (and warm) down there.

CWMartin said...

When the guy from Frontier gets there, answwer the door w/ a gun. I'll bet he'll get it fixed in jake time!

colletta said...

So funny!(not really)...My hands and arms look like crepe paper also, but with big brown spots... My dear Momma always called them old age spots!Do you really think that is what they are?

Joanne said...

You have every right to be cranky! I hope you get the Dsl fixed soon.
Blessings, Joanne