Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Old Habits

Old habits do die hard. By choice I am lazy. I hate cleaning. I enjoy sitting here in front of my computer.

I am going to add another habit to do. I am going to have my sink cleaned out every night before bed. I just don't understand HOW it can get so messy when I do not cook every day! I swear there are ghosts in this house.

My problem is, that I don’t see the mess until it becomes overwhelming. When that happens I do not want to touch it because it IS overwhelming. I wasn’t always this way. My room was clean when I was younger because I kept it that way. When I was married to my first husband I used to keep the house clean. That might be why I am the way I am now, or at least part of it. I HAD to iron the sheets on the bed, even t shirts and underwear had to be ironed! He would do a dust test. We lived in the country. There was dust! Glad I am not in that relationship anymore, in more ways than one.

I have to break old habits and create new ones for my sake. I clean but I just move it around. I have to clean it up for good not just move it to another room or another pile. I keep hauling stuff out and yet it does not get smaller. Paper is a biggie for me. I need to go straight to the paper shredder with the mail. I also need to keep vigilant on shredding all the piles of paper I have created. Ok so I will add 2 new habits.

New habits: write blog, clean sink out every night, shred mail daily.

2 comments:

Alice said...

I'll be cheering you along!




I tend to hoard too much, so that's my main thing now. If it's broken, I don't want it, or don't use it I'm getting rid of it!

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I got a nasty habit of keeping the papers...just the metro and front page, mind you, but it annoys me, because I just don't have the time to go through them ALL and sort out the articles I WANT to keep (like crime stats, economics, etc)

My WIFE is a bit of a "pilot" as well.
She'll pilot here...she'll pilot there...she'll PILE IT ANYWHERE!
ROFLMAO
(I'm gonna catch hell for THAT one, for sure).

Always good to sift through our habits...toss the bad ones, get some new ones, as long as you can manage them. No problem there.

Good post.
(reminds me I have housework to do...THANKS)
:)

Stay safe down there.