Sunday, February 5, 2012

Birthday



I am writing this on my Birthday. OMG. I am celebrating my 49th annual 21st birthday. I don't stress out about my age. I'm old. I'm just happy to be here and I'll take every wrinkle and gray hair that comes my way because it means I'm still alive. I think of it this way "these lines across my face, they tell the story of who I am. But I am not writing this to complain about my circumstances. I am at peace with that. One of the blessings of this age is the ability to study, really study, commercials. I love the one that features an “older” woman, who happily celebrates her ability to drink large amounts of water and drive long distances, with out stopping to ..well you know pee. Is this my future? Is this all there is? Any how it is almost my birthday and I am going to go off and suck on my inhaler so that when the time comes to blow out all my candles on my cake, I can do so with out hacking up a lung.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Norma, Happy Birthday to you!
There, don't say I never sang you a song. lol
Remember what you've always told me? You always say that you get the bed by the window at the nursing home. And since its your birthday I will say, ok, you can have it!
Have a wonderful day old woman.
Guess who???

Mister Salty said...

Happy Birthday, Mommy!!!

colletta said...

Happy Birthday Long time friend!

[[AguiLeons]] said...

Happy Birthday, have a nice bday, followed

Bob G. said...

MSN:
ROFLMAO...
That's AMAZING that YOU celebrate YOUR birthdays in the EXAZCT same manner that I do...by "anniversaries"...!

Brilliant.

And many many more to you!
(with lots of dark chocolate)

Joanne said...

Happy Belated Birthday! 21 huh? I I have keep going backwards too! Soon I'll be a new born!
Hope you had a great day!
Blessings, Joanne