Thursday, October 10, 2013

Out of the mouths of Babes


We who have taught, or love children who have been taught, know this is funny!
From the diary of a Pre-School Teacher...

My five-year old students are learning to read.
Yesterday one of them pointed at a picture in a zoo book and said,
"Look at this! It's a frickin' elephant!"
 
I took a deep breath, then asked... "What did you call it?"
 
"It's a frickin' elephant! It says so on the picture!"
And so it does...
 

 
"A f r i c a n Elephant"
 
Hooked on phonics! Ain't it wonderful?
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

 

3 comments:

ms nk rey said...

I need to add this is from an email.. with all the bad stuff going on I thought ya'll could use a chuckle.

CWMartin said...

It was probably from Alabama where the Tuscaloosa.

Bob G. said...

MsN:
LOL...that is brilliant.

Reminds me of a story about a child and the word "buccaneers"...
:)

Have to tell you about it someday soon.

Thanks for the smile.

Stay safe down there.