Thursday, June 12, 2014

Moments

Do you ever think about the moments in your life that change you. That have made you into what you are. I'm not necessarily talking about weddings, or births, or even deaths. I'm talking about those random times, maybe it was just a Tuesday, no different from any other...and you had a realization, or a moment of clarity. Something in your head even...when you learned something about life, and it changed you.
Life goes on. It seems so simple and so obvious as I type it...almost silly. But, when tragedy hits you, in any way, shape, or form...it's easy to get lost in it. To feel sorry for yourself and to give up on ever finding a way out.
I realize that the world isn’t  going to stop and wait for me to "get over" it.. The world will move on...with, or without me.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
I OFTEN think about those times...must be a product of my age.
And the REALLY weird thing is that you almost ALWAYS recall them with SUCH clarity - like they happened a MONTH ago, rather than DECADES.

I call them "mileposts" along the journey of one's life.
(makes me wish I paid more attention to those "last exit before..." signs as well as the REST STOPS...lol.

Good post.
Very thought-provoking.

Stay safe down there..