Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hooked up

gosh...I can't imagine life without internet. The World Wide Web has changed my life.....my computer is always on and am connected 24 x7 , 365 days ...well, that's no exaggeration ;)
Have you ever thought how life would be without these networking sites .... MySpace, face book, Twitter, etc???? yea?
A day without online chatting ? Well, that's all that's happening these days. Guess I need to get some immediate medical attention for this new disorder - internet addiction disorder. What you say? By the way tell me do we all spend too much time online? What do you think is the reason for this addiction? I think it's social interactions that is making it so addicting. I spend time with my friends exchanging information, support, and chit-chat . But then would we ever characterize any time spent in the real world with friends as "addicting?" Of course not. Don't we talk on the phone for hours on end, with people we see everyday ? Do we say they are addicted to the telephone? Of course not. People lose hours at a time, immersed in a book, ignoring friends and family, and often not even picking up the phone when it rings. Do we say they are addicted to the book? Of course not. So ...so ...guess there is no need to create all this hoopla about a new diagnosis.
I hope I can sort out this problem. enjoy your day :).

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I wouldn't fret over any Internet addiction disorder...it's just our "modern" way of hitching up the buggy (or getting in the car) and zipping over to a neighbor's house...lol.

I could do without the Internet, but then my hands would ache from arthritis WRITING ALL those letters - in LONGHAND!!!

See 'ya on the "web"...
Have a great day.