Saturday, October 1, 2011

Details you might not care about.

Well, here are some random details about me:

  • I can guarantee everything I post on this site will have an error in it even though I read it 100 times.
  • I think Ron White is the funniest person on the planet. I don't ever want to meet him because I'd just start crying and pass out in a puddle of my own urine – I can't imagine that would make a very good impression.
  • I have very eclectic taste in music. I listen to ABBA, Frank Zappa, The Mills Brothers, Tom Jones, AC/DC, Dolly Parton, & Cee lo Green
  • I'm not a big fan of milk chocolate. I know that makes me dead to some people.
  • I'm painfully shy but compensate for it by acting like an asshat.
  • Behind every picture in my house there are about four holes where I have previously hung it only to decide it was too high/low/dumb.
  • I have trouble understanding accents which makes me feel both racists and ignorant. I find Scottish accents particularly difficult.
  • I really like bird watching and gardening so I have eased into old age quite seamlessly – coffee with dinner is only a matter of time.
  • I don't get poetry that doesn't rhyme, jazz or long distance running no matter how hard I try or how many people tell me how wonderful it is.
  • I have an irrational fear (yes, I'd say phobia) of heights. I would be screwed if my only escape from the was up a ladder.
  • My most favorite sound in the world is the sound of laughter.
  • I wish I could speak Chinese and play banjo. Nothing would be cooler than to scream "ni hao" then launch into a blue grass lick.
  • I am flabbergasted when I don't win the lottery. I'm not sure if that's optimism or stupidity, or both since I have never bought a ticket.
  • I keep the pictures people send me in Christmas cards, and I keep the cards.
  • I swear a lot.
  • I used to model professionally in the Ukraine but gave it up to pursue my love of civil war reenactment (I also lie when I've run out of things to tell you).

3 comments:

CWMartin said...

So that was YOU I saw on that billboard for Chernihivske years ago!

Alice said...

I also have an eclectic taste in music..cool!

Coffee with dinner..I used to be a waitress, so I totally get that;)

Bob G. said...

MSN:
- Ditto with my blog...but I'm getting better (after SIX years...lol).
- Ron White IS pretty damn funny...and makes too much sense.
- I range from Beethoven to Nugent to Allison Krauss to movie soundtracks and choral music (Benedictine Monks still rock!)
- I've been known to add chocolate syrup TO my coffee (along with various spirits)
- no comment...lol
- Once hung, they pretty much STAY there (I use caulk as a "patch" when needed).
- I can help with the Scottish accent thing (*wink*)
- Yeah, I'm pretty much there also.
(coffee w/ dinner? at Home? Might try that)
- I like some of the classic prose, it's not hard to figure out...just time consuming.
- I fear being buried alive - glad that won't be the case when I pass away.
- Favorite sound?
Toss up between the exhaust of an Aston Martin or Jaguar, and a .45 emptied downrange.
(orchestras come a close 2nd)
- MY uncle did the banjo, and I can speak a little Chinese..LOL, they WOULD go great together!
- I don't win either...then again, I don't PLAY.
And living on the SE side is "lottery" enough.
- I do the same...hell, I even keep the CARDS!
- Funny thing, I was the stunt double for Al Pacino AND Henry Winkler (we're ALL the same height and build)...and DITTO...lol.