Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Honest Politician

oxymoron: a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in "cruel kindness" or "to make haste slowly."

locution [ləʊˈkjuːʃən]

1. a word, phrase, or expression

2. manner or style of speech or expression

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crooked politicians

A busload of politicians were driving down a country road, when suddenly the bus ran off the road and crashed into an old farmer’s barn.

The old farmer got off his tractor and went to investigate. Soon he dug a hole and buried the politicians. A few days later, the local sheriff came out, saw the crashed bus and asked the old farmer where all the politicians had gone.

The old farmer told him he had buried them.

The sheriff asked the old farmer, “Lordy, were they ALL dead?”

The old farmer said, “Well, some of them said they weren’t, but you know how them crooked politicians lie.”

3 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
How wonderfully apropos, especially today.

Nice one.

:)

Anonymous said...

Good story and sadly true. Just a few days till Memorial Day and the Indy 500. Check out the Image Gallery in my site. I places every 500 Pace car from 1911 first race. Did the charcoal work?

RB

ms nk rey said...

Hey Randy, Yep the charcoal worked like a charm. No more smoke smell in my car. Thanks. Yesterday I started my car up I heard a thump and all the sudden I had no power steering. I called the 66 and told Tom my problem and he came down a few minutes later and picked my car up.. He brought it back in a just a little while and said the belt had came off and that he also removed the chipmonk pieces. I still love my Chevy.