Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Wish List

  • live to see human underwater settlements
  • hit the road for a year in an RV
  • see the ancient Khmer capital of Angkor Wat in Cambodia
  • adopt a pet from the Humane Society
  • fulfill my potential as a person, and parent
  • go back in time and meet Coco Chanel
  • live on the 30th floor
  • live without envy
  • be the wind beneath someone else's wings
  • speak kindly to telemarketers
  • volunteer
  • collect dolls from many countries
  • maintain courtesy at all times
  • eat lobster Newburg on Martha's Vineyard and cucumber soup on Nantucket

4 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Those are some marvelous wishes...
And I've got my list, too.

As do so many other people.

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride", goes the TRADITONAL saying.

Wouldn't mind saddling up somewhere in the Grand Canyon myself...someday.

I CAN say one thing...you don't have to wish to be the wind under someone else's wings...because you probably ALREADY ARE.

ANd many times, the wind under OUR OWN wings is provided by ourselves (with a little bump from our Creator now and then).

Just something to ponder...

Have a great weekend!

ms nk rey said...

Awww you are so sweet. thanks for the kind words Bobby G. Have a peaceful and gentle weekend.

CWMartin said...

Ones I've done: adopting a pet, occasionally speaking nice to telemarketers. Ones I think would be great:the RV trip, Angkor (though my first choice would be Mycenae or Troy); Ones I'd be better off if I could:the potential, the courtesy,the without envy, and the volunteering;the 30th floor would be a nice place to visit but I don't think my knees and their terrible fear of heights would be able to handle it long-term. I'll have to leave the Coco Chanel and cucumber soup to you, ma'am.

Bob G. said...

CWM:
If 'ya mamange to catch a break with the cost to GET to TROY ( a government GRANT would be REAL nice)...I'd be happy to tag along (and bring my geologist hammer and dust brush...in case we unearth anything...
Sounds like a fun time!
(now, where is my fedora and bullwhip?)