Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Collection of Stuff that I found while searching the web.

Bathrooms of America

The wonder that is the online journal American Libraries Direct has bestowed upon me another gem of knowledge. There’s a site dedicated to bathrooms across America where it is safe for all to pee. It's geared toward the transgendered crowd, looking to avoid the bathroom hassle. I’ve never had to think about it, but that is probably quite a dilemma. I’m amazed at the stuff I don’t know about because it’s not part of my daily experience. Who knew?

Safe2Pee (click here)

I’m Confused

So, apparently there’s been uproar about a gentleman in the UK who was “simulating sex” with his bicycle. Indoors, alone, and in his own space. And for some reason, the authorities have taken exception to this. I have not been able, thankfully, to visualize what exactly was taking place upon their arrival. But the guy was arrested and then placed on the sex offender list. Many questions spring to mind. The two most prominent ones are:
1) Why was this dude attracted to his bicycle?
2) Why were others involved in this man-bike tryst?
I’m puzzled by the whole situation. If you, like me, cannot ignore this story even though you want to, look here.

Geography Shame

So, there’s this test that asks you to fill in a blank map of the 48 states. I guess they figure if you can’t find Alaska or Hawaii then you’re not worth their time. It took up way too much of my day today. It’s timed. I tried it. Bombed. Tried it again. Bombed again. I’d like to tell myself that I could have done it successfully if I had had more time, but likely not. By the day’s end, I had figured out a system. I’d just tick through their alphabetical list of states, and then place them as I went, rather than look at the map and try to willy-nilly fill in the ones I knew. (Yes, I just used the word willy-nilly.) After the billionth time, I’m happy to report that I finally did it. If you try it, beware of Maine. You have to click it at the tip top to get it to register. This was a source of some salty language today.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
LOL...that's some REALLY weird (and interesting in some ways) stuff you found...

Makes that "SHOE-LACE" site I came across a couple of years ago PALE by comparison.

Well done.