Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I don't know .....

if it's in the stars or what.....but this picture describes pretty much how I feel about now. It seems like every time I turn around I'm spending money for necessary things that have to be done.
Last week I had a couple boys here to clear off my river bank. They did a fantastic job. It is so nice to look out and see the river instead of weeds and river birches. Next I had my house cleaned, it is my one luxury I treat myself too, but it costs money. On Sunday my friend mentioned to me that one of my old maple trees has a pretty big limb just hanging about 40 feet from the ground. I had my boys take a look at it to see if I will need to get a tree trimmer in here to cut it out. Now since we had that wonderful rain soon my grass will need cut. The electronic ignitor in my oven quit working and I had to get it repaired. My little fan that I keep in the kitchen went out and I had to replace it during the hottest days of summer.....you know I paid an inflated price for the replacement, but I needed it. It just seems like a bunch of little things....a ripped screen, a broken downspout, a back door that will no longer close properly and lock.....just a bunch of "irritants" and all of them mean money flying out the window.
I hope the fates start feeling sorry for me and gave me a small something to keep my spirits up. Sigh.....win some, lose some.
And how is YOUR summer going? Just remember to keep smilin'.....it keeps people confused and off-guard, if nothing else. LOL

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I hear you, dear...we're all in this together, truth be told.

And yes, some days you're the DOG...while on other days, you're the HYDRANT.

But even that poor (pissed on) hydrant serves a PURPOSE...lesson to be taught and learned there, eh?

And I do smile (believe it or not...lol)...and for JUST the reasons you mentioend.

Keep 'em guessin'...
always!

Stay safe and enjoy the weather down there.