Friday, December 9, 2011

5 on Friday

1. Do you already have your Christmas tree up? If so when did you put it up? If not when will you put it up?

I am not putting one up this year.

2. Do you have any particular theme when it comes to decorating your tree? Maybe you do all Disney ornaments? Only blue lights?

I used to do a new theme every year. One year I used all Red lights, put a Santa face on the top, a black felt hand made belt around the middle, red felt mittens, one on each side and black boots under the tree. It was so cute.

3. What is your all time favorite ornament? Only one.

They are all favorites to me!!

4. How many stockings do you hang and are any of them for pets? And...where do you hang them? (Not everyone has a fireplace)

I no longer do this but used to hang them on the open stairway.

5. Tell us about one of your Christmas traditions.

Watch The Christmas Story marathon on TV. A group of us used to get together and bake tons of Christmas cookies. We had fun and had cookies to give to everyone.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Thanks for doing this every Friday...I really look forward to it now.

1) We put the tree up last...probably this weekend, and it's got a story all it's own that I'll be telling soon.
(sorry to hear you're not putting one up...I wish you would, even a small one - don't make me come DOWN there...lol)

2) No REAL "theme", just specific ornaments we do every year...like Garfield, Star trek (some eevn talk), Lion King, and now...superheroes...LOL
(yeah, it's the KID in me...still)

3) Wow, every ornament tells it's OWN story...I love them ALL!!!

4) Mom used to hang the stockings down the stairs railing - no fireplace in a row house (along with all the Christmas cards)
Today, we hang them at the fireplace (which doesn't function, but DOES have a radiant heater in it...'ya gotta be cozy).
Wifey, me, and the two cats...all have stockings.

5) Back in the day, it was cookie-making and Christmas movies on TV (and Dad played christmas albums on the stereo)
Today, it's watching Christmas "favorites" like Scrooge, Prep & Landing (a new fave), Garfield's Christmas, Charlie Brown, It's a Wonderful Life, and always on Christmas Eve - WHITE CHRISTMAS...and listening to as much Christmas music by as many REAL artists as I can (especially Nat King Cole...that man could SELL a Christmas song to St. Nick!)
This year, we have Perry Como and Neil Diamond CDs (and Nat King Cole...lol)

While some traditions fade into memory, new ones come to reside next to them.
But it never hurts to remember those OLD ones...not one bit.

Excellent post.

Have a great weekend.
Stay safe (and warm) down there

CWMartin said...

About the only one I can answer is when I was a wee lad, we had this little bell ornament, pink and blue and silver and gold. Long ago lost. I'd put up a tree (or facsimile thereof) if I still had it.