Thursday, October 4, 2012

dirty politics

Wow only 4 more weeks to go till the election. I no longer enjoy the process. I hate the dirty part of politics.  I hate the name calling and the skewed “truth”.  I am ready to put the whole thing behind me.  I am pretty sure that by now there are not many who have not made up their minds one way or another on who they will vote for. Neither of the candidates are new faces. We have had plenty of time to see the best and worst of them both. There is a new poll every day and I have been called by a couple of them.  They start out asking questions and when you do not answer the way they want they tell me .. sorry you are not qualified to take this poll.  In other words I would not give them the results they wanted for their candidate.  I have never missed voting in an election.  I consider it my responsibility as a citizen to do so.  In Australia you are required to vote and if you do not you are fined.  Not sure I agree with that but it seems to work for them.  You have till Oct 9th to register to vote. Please do if you have not and please take time to vote this year.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Well said...and that sure sounds like a plan to me.

Stay safe down there.