Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Facebook

 
I have to confess that I tried it because, well, sometimes I can be nosy. I also had grand illusions of contacting and communicating with people that I hadn't heard from in years So far I'm not feeling this Facebook old friend thing. People that I can't even remember from my high school days or people that know someone else from my high school days are adding me as a friend. What do you say to a person that you have no idea who they are, where they live or why they want to be your friend.
Plus, some of the "mean girls" in high school have now forgotten that they were "mean" back then and are suddenly wanting to be nice. I really don't care that they now have four grandkids, three dogs and a husband that is in real estate. I just want to know why you were such a snob and so evil way back when?
There's nothing reminiscent or warm fuzzy about seeing classmates again after all these years. Yeah, I'm nosy so seeing what they look like now is kind of fun...BUT...I'm done with snowball fights, drink requests, a gift of a coach purse (internet, not real) and all of that. I don't care that one of the "mean girls" is tired and is drinking coffee. 

How about you?  How do you handle this on facebook?

3 comments:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
This is a REAL easy one for me regarding FACEBOOK:

Don't have it.
Don't want it.
Don't need it.

Simple...right?
(that's me...ask Wifey...lol)

Stay safe down there.

CWMartin said...

Same as my blog list- read what's interesting, ignore the rest.

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

I think the novelty of fb is wearing off. It's a great way to share pictures w/ loved ones, but rest is hoo-ha. So much venting, crabbing, bragging...it's not that healthy for any of us. I do have it, but am losing interest. :-) It's a time waster.