Friday, May 31, 2013

5 on Friday

Five Creative Ways to Kill Time
1) At work
Blog

Write fiction in a Word document
Read a book
Go on long Wikipedia tangents
Check the weather in every city where you know someone

2) Waiting in line
Daydream
Observe other peoples' outfits
Kegel exercises
Practice standing on one foot
Plan things in the future

3) Riding in a car/public transportation/etc..
P
lay the Alphabet Game: Find all the letters on signs, license plates, etc. in alphabetical order. Listen to music
(If in a car) Sing along to an entire musical
Sleep

4) Waiting for your date (this can be anyone you are meeting) to arrive
Daydream
Text
Play cell phone games
Read at length anything around that can possibly be read-- signs, menus, copyright information
Go to the bathroom and take a really long time

5) At the airport waiting for your delayed flight to arrive
Go to the bathroom and take a really long time
Eat a sit-down meal
Go on the free wifi Internet
Buy and read a couple trashy magazines you would never read any other time
Sleep

3 comments:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
1) I can't recall daydraming at work...just when stuck in traffic going TO or FROM work...lol.

2) For me, waiting in line is NOT conducive to killing time...killing the people who waste time AHEAD of me in line is something else, though.

3) If I'm a passenger, I'm usually the "co-pilot"...or navigator.

4) If I have to wait (too long), then my daydreams tend to become a lot "darker" in nature.
(refer to %2)

5) Can't afford to fly these days, and don't know if I really WANT to, at least not in a commerical airliner with a plane full of "cattle".

Yeah, killing time has become a lost art with me...way too much to keep me both busy and bothered.

Still, a good list.

Have a great weekend.
Stay safe down there.

CWMartin said...

If Bob can't recall daydreaming at work, it's just because he's getting OLD...

Alice said...

Kegel exercises!