Thursday, September 23, 2010

Autumn


Autumn is officially here. There are signs around now to once again confirm the process has begun.

I love the autumn. I think I have a special affection for the season. I love the intense colors that are just around the corner as the night-time temps drop. While it's always sad to see the flowers fading, it's always a thrill to watch the leaves turn color. That's when I hope for Jack Frost to do some heavy work. The harder he works, the more intense the foliage becomes before everything goes brown and eventually becomes fodder for the flower beds. I like the cycles of nature autumn so clearly shows...how death is always necessary for rebirth.


1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Like you, I also have some to appreciate Autumn...

I guess it's because I used to be real heavy into photography (in another life), and I would love to shoot the scenery.
The Pocono Mountains were ESPECIALLY beautiful this time of year.

Your backyard view is nothing short of marvelous!

I just wish it lasted LONGER.