Thursday, July 26, 2012

One of my many pet peeves

 
Yesterday I went thru the drive thru at a fast food restaurant.  When I paid, the cashier handed me my change with the coins resting precariously on top of the dollars. Have I ever mentioned how much that drives me mad? Because, usually I'm still holding my wallet with one hand, so then I have to try to finagle the coins off the top of the money with one hand, which is awkward and usually results in coins falling to the floor and rolling to unreachable and/or nasty places. As I was explaining to my friend how this is one of my pet peeves, she said that I'm probably the type of person who also gets angry at other drivers, and then added in mock-earnestness that she's glad she can always maintain her calm, cool demeanor in even the most annoying of circumstances. At that moment, her hair burst into flames from all the lies, lies, lies.

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

And she would probably be the type of manager who goes around telling her cashiers to always put the coins on top. Because someone MUST be doing that, am I right?

Bob G. said...

MsN:
...And the TRUTH comes out...LOL.
(BTW, I hate that too..gimme the coins FIRST and then the folding money...it's not THAT hard to do)

I know, I used to do it that way...the RIGHT way, so folks ain't chasing change around the place.

Good post.

Stay safe down there.