Monday, July 23, 2012

Starbucks

I just learned that a new Starbucks is opening in South Carolina---in a funeral home. Are you  kidding me? I may crazy, but I equate funerals and funeral homes with respect, reverence, and saying goodbye---not cappuccinos, lattes, lemon pound cake, and a tip jar. My favorite part of the article was the funeral home rep saying the Starbucks would be open to the general public and not just those there for funerals and viewings. Really? Who in their right mind is going to go hang out in a funeral home Starbucks? "Where are you going?" "Oh, I'm going to meet the girls down at the funeral home for a bit."  What the heck are they thinking???
You can read the article here:  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/12/starbucks-to-open-inside-south-carolina-funeral-home/

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Now THIS certainly qualifies for a "WTF???" moment...for sure.

After checking this out, there is only one reply to your question about WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?

Answer: THEY ARE NOT!

Maybe they believe it's not as much a "funeral", but rather a "celebration of life"...and what BETTER way than to be caffeinated out the wazoo?

Disrespectful...YES!

Good post.

Stay safe (and latte-free) down there.

CWMartin said...

Just more money changers in the temple court, to me.