Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reason vs Excuse

5 reasons why I Hate to Ask for Help:

1. I was never taught how.
2. I love my independence.

3. I don't think to ask... I have created singular life grounded in self-sufficiency. I am so caught up in the habit of taking care of myself that I lose sight of when I might need help.
4. It’s easier to do it myself. This category includes the resistance to the law of quid pro quo; give and take; tit-for-tat; you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
5. And, of course, fear


5 Excuses why I hate to ask for Help:

Excuse #1 “I Don’t Want to Look Weak”

Excuse #2 “I Don’t Want to Impose on My Friends”
Excuse #3 “I’ll Look Incompetent”

Excuse #4 “It Won’t Get Done Right if I Don’t Do It Myself”

Excuse #5 “I Was Raised to Be Self-Sufficient”

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Yeah, you were also brought up by parents that KNEW the difference between REASONS and EXCUSES...congrats!
(something else we have in common)...lol!

:)