Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holy $h*t, It’s Almost Christmas!


It’s not like it’s on a different date every year; but I get the distinct impression that Christmas is creeping up on me...
Yep! There it is, see that? Right there on the calendar between Thanksgiving at the end of November and the New Year’s hangover I have penciled in.
Then, my friends, comes Winter, Winter with a capital “W”. Nothing on the horizon but cold, snow, and cold in the snow.
Bearing that in mind, and realizing that there is a good chance that it is true that Christmas is on the 25th of December would anyone here have any objection to my moving it out to, say, February?
Because there’s nothing to look forward to in February.
We could also look at March.
Oh, sure. February has Valentine’s Day (AKA Singles Awareness Day/You Made Your Bed You Lie In It Day), and Presidents’ Day. True, you may get chocolate or flowers (or VD) on VD; and there is the excitement of 50% off on towels and sheets during The Presidents’ Day Sale-ebration (sorry everyone), but honestly, the next holiday after New Year’s Day in the U.S. is Memorial Day.
Memorial Day is in May – the end of May!!
How in the world do we do it, and why in the world are we doing it again? Beginning of January to end of May without a holiday in sight!
I’m getting dizzy just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
You got some damn fine thoughts there...

I'm for moving MONDAY somewhere ELSE in the week..., and every THIRD day should a FRIDAY (of course we wouldn't get a helluva lot DONE)

Yeah, I much prefer the REAL holidays, as opposed to all the "manufactured" ones.

I just wish there was a real holiday in AUGUST (my birth month)...

Cute post...singles awareness day...ROFLMAO!

Anonymous said...

There is a VERY important day in February! Someone, not that I am mentioning names, YOU! So that is something to look forward to! Billie :)