Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gay Marriage

Depending on who I talk to, this gay marriage debate is either the end of the American Republic as we know it or the beginning of a bright new day for America the Beautiful. Well do you wanna know what I think? Since I am admitting to a certain amount of bias, this is simply my humble opinion. So here we go:

American Society has condoned sinful behavior for a very long time. If we are to protect the sanctity of marriage, why do we allow cohabitation at all? Or even divorce? More babies are being born out of wedlock. The nuclear family (mom, dad, and kids all living and doing things together) has become irrelevant. Music has become noise, television has been catering to the lowest form of entertainment. Things continue to get worse.

There are those who believe that this is Sodom and Gomorrah revisited. There has been sin in this world since Adam, Eve, the serpent, and the apple. Do we really want the government serving as God’s defender? I think he can handle that task himself just fine.

I don’t have any answers. But I do have questions, many many questions.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Me too, (the many many questions).

Bob G. said...

MsN:
The really weird thing about ALL of this disolution of the traditional family, is that "if" you DO find SOME answer (somewhere) that ONLY goes and creates MORE questions...a vicious cycle with no REAL solution to the real problem.
I agree with you!

Good post.

Stay safe down there.