Thursday, May 10, 2012

Some sentences and some sarcasm


I've had the luxury recently of driving to another town alone in my car. This means I get to shout freely at bad grammar on the radio, drivers with poor driving skills and whatever else irritates me. It's really liberating but it's also possible that my crazy is getting out of control.

I phoned an old friend to catch up.. here is how our conversation went. (made up name to protect the complainer)

Millie: "How are you doing?"

Me: "Oh, I'm doing pretty well--keeping myself very busy. How about you?"
Millie: "Oh...me? Well, I'm just terrible--you know, the usual. [Insert 20 minutes of how bad she has it]. You should really call me more often!"

Me: "Well, Millie, as inviting as that sounds, I honestly dedicate the majority of my free time to systematically ripping off my toenails."

BREAKING NEWS
The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get the Hell Over It.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Now THAT sounds too much like me...on a good day...ROFLMAO!
I applaud your sense of "style".

I do the radio shout in the car as well, (when I'm not railing at some idiot with more horsepower than brains).

But, please..no toe-nail ripping.

Great post.

Stay safe (and conversationally-adept) down there.