Friday, June 22, 2012

5 on Friday

1. What are your overall views on marriage?   I'm in favor of marriage.  I just like the idea of making that lifelong commitment to someone, vowing to be together and faithful. I think it's sad that so many people view it as a formality or 'just a piece of paper' and either don't do it or only do it for the financial security and benefits it brings.

2. Are you married// is marriage something you want?   I'm not married, but I've been married twice. I stood up and vowed till death do us part. Unfortunately neither one worked out like I had thought it would. 

3. Do you like the symbolism of wedding rings? Why or why not?   I doThe idea that someone wouldn't want people to be able to see that they was married feels like a rejection. 

4. What do you think is the best age, ideally, to get married? (In general)  There is no generic best age.  I think it's a case of marrying the right person at a time when you feel ready, whether that's 21 or 76. 

5. Which is worse: shotgun wedding at 17, or meeting your partner when you're in your sixties?    I would think a shotgun wedding at 17. Too young to know what you really want and spending the rest of your life together because of a mistake doesn't end well usually. Not to say that it always ends badly or that getting married when you're 60 will mean you're going to live happily ever after either.

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

I'm staying outta this one...

Bob G. said...

MsN:

1) Yo, after FIFTEEN YEARS...you gotta ask THAT one?
(ROFLMAO)

2) Yeah, we're kinds stuck WITH each other (and fortunately not TO each other...)

3) Yeah, it's cool to have a ring on the FINGER...and not through one's NOSE (or any other body part).

4) ANY age is fine...as long as you both feel the same to one another.
(but I draw the line at anything UNDER 14...period!)

5) Depends if I'M the one holding the 12 gauge...LOL
(any age will work under that condition, trust me).

Excellent *5* today...!

Have a fantastic weekend.

STay safe (and cool) down there)