Tuesday, September 4, 2012

2 little words

I was thinking today about those particular words...thanks or thank you. When I was little, one of the first thing my parents instilled in me was to be say thank you. If it was for a stick of gum, a compliment or a good meal, I was taught to say, "thank you".

As unbelievable as it sounds, I try so very hard to make my "thank you's" count. I want people to know that I appreciate them. If I need to change lanes and someone allows me the spot in front of them, I wave my hand and say, "thank you". If I sneeze and someone says, "Bless you", I say, "thank you". When I'm handed my receipt at the store, I say, "thank you". Not only do I say it but I mean it.

But, saying thank you for trials and tribulations, I have yet to master. How can I have a thankful heart when it seems like life has been turned upside down? Yet, I know that I should be  thankful.
 

I'm thankful that I've got family near and far and friends who care  about what goes on in my life...that includes you all as well because you're not JUST Facebook pals, but you're my friends.

So today and every day, my heart says, "thank you".

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
Oh, there is too much to be thankful for to properly list here.

I'm thankful to be alive (long story), thankful for my upbringing, and thankful to those that have influenced my life for the positive.
(and there has to be a LOT of those folks)

That's the best short list I can dome up with.

Goof post.

Stay safe down there.

Bob G. said...

That's SUPPOSED to be:
GOOD post...
typo demons strike again!

:)

ms nk rey said...

Not to worry Bobby G I read typos .. :)