Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mess

All of our life we learn things. From the moment we are born we begin learning what it takes to survive and maybe even get our own way. We learn there are decent people in the world and people who are exceptionally cruel. We learn who to avoid, what to avoid, and where not to go. At the same time we learn who is nice, what is nice, and where is nice.
Part of my problem is my sensitivity. Things that other people let slide away like water from a duck's back just crush the heck out of me. It's like we all have this invisible umbrella, and for other people it sheds the water, because they're holding it properly. Somehow, I hold mine upside down, so instead of channeling all of these negative feelings away, I collect them - right on top of myself.  I'm not very smart.
Sometimes I am a mess.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
I find myself in times like that.
I just turn that umbrella the OTHER way...and if you do it enough, being "dry" gets a lot more familiar.

And neither you nor I are a "mess"...we just become less orderly from time to time, that's all.

Good post.

Stay safe (and dry) down there)