Thursday, September 6, 2012

Heart failure

Ugh I really hate even talking about this. It seems to be a side effect of my COPD.
It means your heart has more trouble pumping enough blood to your body, you may get short of breath when you walk or do other activities. You also may feel very tired.
Your heart will try to make up for heart failure by pumping faster and by pumping more blood with each beat. But over time, these efforts can make your heart weaker and can make symptoms worse.
It is affecting my life in many ways.  My feet and legs swell and are so very painful. It is now affecting my sleeping. I have heart failure induced insomnia.
This weather is also affecting me in a negative way.  I actually started this blog to talk about my COPD and rarely do.. and now I have.  I am done whining. I try to be positive I really do.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

MsN:
IT saddens me when I hear about the various effects of COPD.
I hope some support stockings help with the swelling.

My heart will "race" from time to time, and I wonder if "this is it".
You think like that at my age, I guess.

I know as I am aging, I'm having difficulties as well.
The ability of perform chores or work you did without thinking becomes laborious and tiring.

All that walking I did at the airshow spoke to that...LOUDLY.
I still have a few aches.

Through it all, your MIND remains much like it did when you were only "30"...!

And that's why a 30 yr old mind has trouble working with a 60 yr old body.

I'm hoping you take it easy.

Stay safe down there.

Joanne said...

That sounds horrible. Did the doctor suggest some kind of therapy for your legs?
Prayers on ther way
Blessings, Joanne