Monday, September 24, 2012

Fat????

I just read an article about designer Ralph Lauren hiring  his first  plus size model.  She wears a size 12. First of all that made me mad. 12 is NOT plus size!  NOW THAT is what really ticks me off. Read about it here.  So I guess I am plus size too.  Yep I am fat, heavy, plump, curvy, fluffy, what ever you want to call me. This really upsets me. Women have enough issues with body image with out this. Am I just to sensitive?  I think Ralph Lauren can kiss my arse. 
robyn-lawley
                                          Robyn Lawley

5 comments:

Alice said...

I don't know how she is plus sized. I guess I am plus, too at a staggering size 12 myself.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...well I must be Plus, Plus, Plus Size then. I know what you mean. It is very stupid & I believe its an insult to all of us "real plus size" people. I say just ignore them, because there is nothing we can do about it, except complain. They aren't going to change it.
AOB

Bob G. said...

MsN:
I also think this was a BAD move by Lauren...
If a woman is TALL, then even a size 16 can't be considered a "plus" size...think about it.

My first wife was 5'10" and SHE was a size 12...and she was certainly NOT zaftig by ANY means.
Just TALL(er than me...lol)

It has been discovered that manufacturers have "changed" sizes to reflect larger women, and that means what USED to be a size 8 is now a 10, and so on...
I think that is simply WRONG!

And I know that what one manufacturer calls a size 10 is not what others might call it, it...they aren't ALL the same there any longer.
Guess that's what happens when we get clothes made anywhere BUT the USA?

Good post.

Stay safe (and womanly) down there.

CWMartin said...

(Standing ovation)Ralph spends too much time in the Victoria's Secret Catalogue.

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

I must be obese, then, at a size 14. Good grief! How ridiculous.