Thursday, April 1, 2010

RIP Nancy

Estranged.... what does this word mean? Webster has the definition as a verb: alienate, disaffect, wean. To cause one to break a bond of affection or loyalty.

I have been estranged from family members from time to time in my life. Sometimes life is easier when not dealing with what would seem to be overwhelming issues. Better to put them on the back burner, and let it go until you feel ready to deal. My sister was one of those family members that I often needed to distance myself from. I loved her. During our last estrangement she died. Grief is a funny thing, though. It knows no estrangement. No matter who was right any chance of atonement was lost. My sister died this morning. We were estranged. I can only hope that she was at peace when she passed on. I hope she realized that I loved her even when I didn't like her. I hope that she knows that I am shedding tears of grief for her. I hope. Hope is all I have.

4 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I am deeply sorry to hear of her passing.

Estrangement is purely a physical thing (imho).

What WE feel is exactly what you said.
We don't only have HOPE, though...we have LOVE as well.
We CARE.

And no amount of estrangement can deny us that.

(never thought I'd wind up using SO MANY four-letter words in this lifetime)

My condolences to you and your family.

Do Take care.

Anonymous said...

Love
Snakefoot

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss.

RB

ms nk rey said...

Thanks to all of you.. It was hard but I am working through it and I am doing better. Means a lot to me that you took time to leave me a message..