Friday, December 31, 2010

A Year of Blessings

Another calendar year has come to an end. Personally, I am ending 2010 a bit worse off than I ended 2009. That has been the pattern for several years now. Perhaps it has been the pattern all my life, but when I was so much better off I never noticed it. I must say that 2010 was mostly a happy year in my memory.
But this year has been especially good to me while attempting to bring me low. What am I thankful for?

  • For my friends who go that extra mile for me.
  • For my online friends who help me pass the time.
  • While not at all healthy, I am still here with my family.
  • I have discovered there are certain family members who's love goes far beyond words.
  • I have discovered I care a LOT more about people than I do about rules.
Certainly, I could go on. And on. And on. Despite poor health. Despite the stresses I have faced. I think it has been a good year. And I am truly grateful.
I am also grateful to those of you who come to read what I write. I realize the posts on this blog are hardly informative or inspirational, but you come anyway. Thank you.
I hope your year has ended well for you.
God bless

4 comments:

springtime36 said...

May you have a happy, healthy, New Year...Don't see you much, but still feel close as I visit you every day.Just remember, you make alot of people content and happy just reading your interesting topics. The best to you and yours my friend!

Bob G. said...

MSN:
You and I are feeling a lot of the same way this year.
I take my blessings wherever I find them these days (or years).

I always remember what my parents told me SO often:
"There are always people WORSE OFF than you are."

To that, I hold onto.

As to your posts not being informative or inspirational???
You're kidding me, right?

I find a LOT of inspiration in the WIT & HUMOR you have here, as well as your thoughts on life.

It's like stopping by to see a sister, if I had one.
(only child syndrome here)

I think any year becomes as good as WE (ourselves) make it, and not how others want us to make it.

But I'm so old-fashioned.
You know me.

Here's looking at YOU, kid.
Have a very Happy New Year, and may the NEXT one be more enlightening than the last.

God Bless & stay safe.

ms nk rey said...

Thanks to you both.. Happy New Year I hope 2011 is kind to you both.

indy said...

its almost like i found a new friend when i read your posts. i truely enjoy them. i hope whatever your health problems are you are not in pain. and yes, i have to remember that their are people in far worse shape then me. i have been blessed. (or at least in my mind i have :) )

you have a happy new year and keep on blogging. i'm happy i found your blog.