Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Great Day!

I wake up early today, excited over all
I have responsibilities to fulfill today.
I am important.
My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.
Today I can complain because the weather is rainy...
or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.
Today I can grumble about my health...
or I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today I can mourn my lack of friends...
or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.
Today I can whine because I have to go to work...
or I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.
Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework...
or I can feel honored because,
Life has provided shelter for my mind, body, and soul.
Today... stretches ahead of me,
waiting to be shaped.
And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.
What today will be like is up to me.
I get to choose what kind of day will have!
Why Not Make It A Great Day?!?!?!

( adapted from an email)

I think I need to do this every day, more thanks and less poor me. How about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all "young" lady, I never hear you complain that much. I think you do really well in that dept. You are too hard on yourself.
And second of all, complain all you want. You've earned it! Thats my story & I'm stickin to it!
AOB

Bob G. said...

MSN:
I should do it more...
But I think thrice a week in THIS neighborhood is about as much as I can handle...lol.

I'm with AOB...many times we do EARN the "right to gripe"...!

Good post!

Stay safe down there.