Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Crappy Times

Let me say right away that I am thankful for my family and friends. I am also thankful that I enjoy hundreds of freedoms daily that others in this old world only dream about. Just so that you know I feel very blessed.

I recently read a post about being thankful for the people who help you through the rough times in life. I sort of made me stop and think about my crappy times. As much as I would like to hit the delete key and erase them out of my memory I can’t. But in some weird way I am thankful for them.

My rough times have shown me what I am made of and who I can count on. It has allowed me to gain empathy for others in that same situation. I think my crap time has contributed as much or maybe more than the good times I have had. At my ripe old age I have had a fair share of crappiness. That experience has taught me that I will get through it eventually, even though I know things will suck for a while. That is just the way it has to be. So here is to the crap in my life and to the good, as that old song says “ You can’t have one with out the other.”

2 comments:

Alice said...

It is hard for us to relate to others until we go through our own stuff.

I try to be thankful in crappy times, too, knowing that they are momentary.

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Hey, if it wasn't for those bad times, how would we EVER realize how good we really have it when things are hunky-dory, right?

You nailed it.


Good post.

Stay safe (and comfy) down there.