Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Crone

crone (plural crones)

  1. (obsolete) An old woman
  2. an ugly evil-looking or frightening old woman; a hag

I’ll be having a birthday soon and decided to write down a few things I have learned.

I see women my age and older out and about, that look like they have had one procedure too many. I don’t love my sagging face and dark under eye circles any more than anyone else, but it is who I am and I have earned my wrinkles and my grey hair. I would rather be an old crone that look fake with big lips and no expression.

I have been young. Now it is someone else’s turn. I learned early how to take turns and to share. So take your turn.

I am learning to love this time of life. You know my life, my rules. I don't feel the need to spend time with unpleasant, negative or gossipy people. I don't feel the need to attend meetings, events or gatherings which I know in advance will prove unpleasant. I don't feel the need to wear clothing I find uncomfortable, for any reason, ever. I have dessert for breakfast. There are definite advantages to having put in my time.

So go ahead call me a crone I am a crone. I am a proud and happy crone.

3 comments:

colletta said...

Ditto! I am also one happy crone!

Bob G. said...

MSN:
Yes, it's all about YOUR life and YOUR rules after such time passes.

By God, we've EARNED it, too.

And then, there's always that DEEPER appreciation for DARK chocolate (that we somehow disliked as children).

:)

Stay safe (and warm) down there.

Joanne said...

Better a crone than having a face that seems as if it's stretched to it's limit! Great post.
Blessings, Joanne