Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Its all in the wiring

Today I talked to an old friend. I have not seen her in years. I got a Christmas letter from her and when I sent out my cards I simply wrote, I will call you some time and we can catch up. Well today was sometime.

She answered and I identified my self and said.. “How are you?” and for the next 30 or so minutes she told me. In.Great.Detail.for.30.minutes. OMG. I know what pills she takes, what time she takes them, what she takes them with, where she buys them, how much her co pay is, and on and on and on. I don’t mean to sound mean but when I said catch up I meant on each others lives, not aches and pains. You know, where are your kids, how many grandkids etc. That sort of catching up. It’s not that I don’t care, but it is just not the way I am wired.

4 comments:

Bob G. said...

MSN:
LOL...I've been guilty of such ramblings myself, but I think it's mainly due to the LACK of credible and intelligible PEOPLE around our area.
(the Missus is only here and present MOST fo the time, and we catch each other up daily)

I really miss the social contact that all my firends used to provide.
Hell, I'll bend the Jehovah Witnesses ears for a half hour whenever they climb our front steps...LOL!

Call me crazy, but I really DO enjoy conversing with NORMAL PEOPLE...
(sad to say, we don't seem to HAVE any "normal" folks around here)
AT least the CATS placate to me and appear to "listen"...

Good post.

Stay safe down there.

colletta said...

I bet it will be awhile before you call her to catch up again! LOL...

CWMartin said...

Reminds me of my dear late granma Girardot. "How are you, granma?" "Well, my broken hip blah blah blah.. my diverticulitis blah blah... and my sugar diabetes blah blah blah..."


Your security word is "blepa." Perhaps it should have been "bleeepa"...

Joanne said...

When it happens over the phone it's horrible because there never seems to be a way out. It happens to me ALL the time and I have never ever been able to escape. Maybe she is really lonely?
Blessings, Joanne